Community outreach is our key priority
The Mobility Authority is committed to comprehensive community outreach. Our top priority is to be considerate of and responsive to stakeholder concerns, needs, and values.
The Mobility Authority is committed to working proactively with drivers and local residents through the construction process and even after the project is open to traffic because we place a high priority on customer satisfaction, transparency and trust.
The team aims to achieve the following objectives in our construction communications program:
- Proactively inform the community about construction issues
- Engage the community early and often
- Listen, acknowledge, and respond promptly to concerns
- Manage expectations
- Provide a bilingual communications program
The team aims to meet the above objectives through the following activities:
- Project hotline and Twitter account
- Bilingual 24/7 phone and email hotline
- eNewsletters sent to a continually updated stakeholder list
- Dissemination of public involvement materials, such as fact sheets and frequently asked questions
- Informational tables at high foot traffic areas like HEB, YMCA, etc.
- Participation and sponsorship in community activities and events
- Public opinion surveys to identify areas for improvement