September 17, 2020: New Section of 183 Toll to Open
September 11, 2020: Northbound US 183 Bridgeto Downtown Exits Reopens
August 18, 2020: Northbound US 183 Exit at SH 71 to Close Into October
January 10, 2020: New U-turns to Open Between Montopolis Drive and SH 71
August 23, 2019: Northbound US 183 Closing Nightly at SH 71
July 30, 2019: 183 South Project Reaches Interim Milestone
May 10, 2019: US 183 Closure to Impact Airport-Bound Traffic
April 24, 2019: SH 71 Road Closure to Impact Airport Traffic
October 2, 2018: Signalized Crossings of US 183 to Close Permanently
The 183 South Project...In the News
- July 14, 2020: Construciton Equipment Guide: Quicker Commute Throughout Austin Starts to Take Shape
- November 12, 2019: Austin Business Journal: East Austin's Old Motorola campus on its way to a new, bigger life
- October 8, 2018: KVUE: Austin's Historic Montopolis Bridge Closing to Become a Hike and Bike Trail
- October 8, 2018: CBS Austin: Montopolis Steel Truss Bridge Permanently Closes to Vehicular Traffic
- October 8, 2018: Community Impact: Historic Montopolis Bridge in East Austin Closes to Traffic to be Repurposed for Bikes, Pedestrians
- October 8, 2018: Fox7:Iconic East Austin Bridge to be Repurposed
- May 11, 2018: Equipment World's Better Roads: $743 million US 183 South toll road in Austin 50% complete
- April 20, 2018: Comunity Impact News: 183 South Toll Project About 50% Complete, First Non-tolled section Opening to Traffic.
- December 18, 2017: Community Impact News: Watch for these US 183 closures as you head to Austin airport this holiday season
- October 27, 2017: San Marcos Corridor News: Central Texas Regional Mobility Authority Gives Update on 183 South Construction
- August 10, 2017: KEYE: Incentive Program Helps Businesses Affected by 183 South Construction
- August 7, 2017: Austin Business Journal: Finding Solutions that Keep Austin Green
- July 26, 2017: Community Impact: Here are the Latest Updates on 4 Central Texas Toll Projects
- April 7, 2016: Austin Monitor: East Austin superhighway breaks ground - Austin Monitor
- April 6, 2016: Community Impact: Mobility Authority, TxDOT break ground on $743 Million 183 South Project
- April 6, 2916: Texas Hill Country: New Bergstrom Expressway Will Be Non-Stop Route to Austin Airport
- April 6, 2016: Fox 7: CTRMA breaks ground on 8-mile 183 South Expressway project _ KTBC
- April 6, 2016: KXAN: Bergstrom Expressway offers new non-stop route to Austin airport
- April 6, 2016: KLBJ: 183 South Project Breaks Ground
- April 6, 2016: Press Release: Mobility Authority Breaks Ground On Monumental Project
- April 5, 2016: Austin American-Statesman: What you need to know as work begins on the US 183 South tollway
- April 5, 2016: East Austin Patch: Work on Major US 183 Expansion to Start in East Austin
- April 4, 2016:KLBJ: 183 South Project About To Begin
- October 16, 2015: Commentary: U.S. 183 South redo is needed and overdue
- June 25, 2015: The Texas Transportation Commission approved a $203.4 million loan and grant package that will help pay for the costs to build the 183 South Project. Read more here.
- May 27, 2015: Press Release: Mobility Authority Awards Design/Build Contract for US 183 South Project. Read more here.
- March 6, 2015: Press Release: TxDOT cleared the way for the 183 South project to proceed into final design and construction. Read the "Finding of No Significant Impact" decision document here.
Media inquiries can be filled out here.